Against the Scourge
Scion of Orcus
- Level 8 Elite Controller (Leader)
- Kalarel, Scion of Orcus
- Medium natural humanoid (human)
- XP 700
- Initiative +5
- Senses Perception +9
- HP 186; Bloodied 93
- AC 22; Fortitude 22, Reflex 19, Will 22
- Saving throws+2
- Speed 5
- Action points1
- Rod of Ruin (standard; at-will) • Necrotic, Weapon
- +13 vs. AC; 2d6 + 4 damage (plus 1d6 damage on a charge attack), and ongoing 5 necrotic damage (save ends).
- Decaying Ray (standard; at-will) • Necrotic
- Ranged 10; +11 vs. Fortitude; 1d6 + 5 necrotic damage, and the target is weakened (save ends).
- Touch of Ruin (minor (1/round); at-will)
- Requires combat advantage; +11 vs. Fortitude; until the end of Kalarel
A priest of Orcus named Kalarel heads the death cult. Kalarel uncovered the truth about Shadowfell Keep a few years ago, after finding records dating back to the time of the original opening of the rift. Since then, he has been ceaselessly researching an evil ritual that he believes will allow him to shatter the seal and once more open the rift. Even as he researches the vile rites, Kalarel continues to expand his influence. After gaining control of the keep, he placed agents in the surrounding areas. Kalarel has established dominion over a tribe of goblins that had set up a lair within the subterranean chambers beneath the keep. These creatures, led by a goblin named Balgron the Fat, guard the place ferociously, not completely out of loyalty to Kalarel but due to their own thirst for wealth and power. Kalarel is confident he will achieve his goal and soon reopen the rift to the Shadowfell.